Join us in celebrating the journey of our ancestors within the Underground Railroad’s most northerly safe haven. Bring your family and friends for a weekend of music, art, storyboards, crafts, children’s’ games, speakers, literature & other activities.
Individuals interested in … history, family, culture and community have been congregating every August long weekend since 1862 in Owen Sound, “the most northerly retreat of the Underground Railroad journey in Canada”. Descendants of Blacks, who came via the Underground Railroad to settle in freedom, gather to reminisce and enjoy a time of fellowship.
- Cultural Displays; Vendors; Baking Contest
- Great Food - Angie's Place; Fruit It Up
- Gospel Workshop
- Kids' Games with great prizes
- Festival Jam with Juno Nominees - BLACKBURN
- OPEN MIC Contest - Cash Prizes